The legal services we offer that can help you hit your business goals through licensing

Licensing is a niche part of the law. And we are the leaders in this particular niche, getting results that other firms of solicitors cannot. Which is why we are so highly regarded by the two leading legal directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners

Our solicitors and legal experts aren’t your usual solicitors: they include genuine experts in the fields of alcohol licensing and gambling licensing. And because of this, they hold a number of roles to help the sector.

As you might imagine, alcohol licensing and gambling licensing are complicated; often involving passionate members of the public whose lives might be affected by legal decisions.

As a result, the range of services we offer is wide. From advice in relation to obtaining or varying a premises licence or gambling licence through to defending a review after a serious incident.

If you cannot find the legal service that you need from the below, please contact one of our licensing solicitors on 0115 953 8500 or 020 3859 7760. Our solicitors would be happy to discuss any issues that you might be facing and give you the best options on how to solve them.

Personal alcohol licences

If you are planning on working in a bar, restaurant, club or any other licensed premises that sells alcohol, a personal licence is absolutely vital. Click here to see how you gain one, and take a FREE mock exam.

Premises licences

If you are looking for help on premises licences, you’re in the right place. Click to read what a premises licence is, how you obtain one, who’s involved, how long it takes and why you might need a variation.

Cherry icon


We have been helping gambling operators manage all aspects of their licensed operation since the inception of the Gambling Act 2005.

Alcohol icon

Alcohol licensing

Alcohol licensing is a term commonly used as a bit of a ‘catch all’. It describes the different legal advice that you need for running a business which sells alcohol. Take a look to see what is involved.

Pavement licences

Using the front of a licensed premise to offer that ‘alfresco’ experience can be highly profitable. But there are certain items you need to consider before you can start using the space.

Wedding licences

Weddings, civil marriages and partnerships are big business. If you would like to use your venue for such occasions, here you can see how we can help you obtain licences that you will need.

Sexual entertainment venue licences

If you need more information about providing entertainment involving nudity, such as table dancing and lap dancing, you will need a Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence. You can find our more about these licences here.

Food, safety & hygiene

All licensed premises are governed by legal responsibilities relating to food safety, health & safety and fire safety. These are serious issues which can, if things go wrong, result in an ‘interview under caution’. You can read more of what is involved here.

Reviews of premises licences

A premises licence review can be a business-critical event. Any person can bring a review: a local resident, the police, a licensing authority and environmental health officers. Here you can read about how we can help you defend them.

Cherry icon

Gambling premises licence, personal licence & operating licence

If a business intends to provide gambling activities or services in Great Britain, then one of the first steps is to understand what, if any, licences or permits are required.

Food, drink & late night

Food, drink and entertainment is a colossal market. Here you can see how we help every type of operator imaginable, from pubs, bars, nightclubs and restaurants to pop-ups, delivery services and takeaways.


We are probably the UK’s most successful firm of licensing solicitors for the accommodation sector. See how we work with holiday parks, hotel owners, franchisees, restaurant and bar operators and developers to help them achieve their plans.


We have been helping gambling operators manage all aspects of their licensed operation since the inception of the Gambling Act 2005.


Gone are the days when alcohol was only available from licensed premises such as pubs and restaurants. See how we are helping on and offline retailers understand licensing laws and to provide alcohol as part of a wider service.

Trade bodies

We work with most of the trade bodies within the licensed trade and gambling sectors. From speaking at events and writing thought leadership articles through to giving legal advice on complex issues, see how we are involved the in trade.

Festivals & live music

Festivals and live music events are becoming more popular. Due to many unique factors, not least the potential for large attendances, careful planning is needed for a successful licensing application. See how we do it and who we do it for!

Licensing support on mergers & acquisitions

Hospitality is a multi-billion-pound industry which attracts investments by global finance firms and venture capitalists. We have a strong track record of giving strategic licensing advice and due diligence for mergers, acquisitions and disposals, which you can read a little more about here.