Sectors we serve
How we can help
Our specialist gambling team provides expert legal services to all sectors of the gambling and leisure industry
Our specialist gambling team provides expert legal services to all sectors of the gambling and leisure industry.
Our licensing solicitors have in-depth knowledge and experience providing bespoke advice and assistance to a variety of businesses ranging from single premise owners to international corporations who provide both land based and online gambling services.
Having worked with the gambling and gaming industry since the inception of the Gambling Act 2005 our experts are perfectly placed to provide practical advice for your business needs and we have assisted governmental organisations, trade associations, casinos, bookmakers, online gambling operators, charities, event venues, manufacturers and suppliers of gambling equipment, software developers, Holiday Parks and other national leisure and retail operators including hotels, restaurants and bars.
Our combined experience across the licensed leisure industry enables us to offer a comprehensive service addressing all your licensing and regulatory compliance needs.
We provide advice and assistance for:
- All types of Operating Licence applications including changes of corporate control following corporate restructure or merger and acquisition;
- Operators venturing into the gambling industry for the first time with new concepts;
- Applications for new premises licences, variations, transfers and reinstatement of lapsed licences;
- Advertising requirements and marketing campaigns;
- New games and their technical requirements;
- Due diligence investigations on potential acquisition premises;
- Preparation of business plans; and
- Ongoing compliance
Non-remote sector/Land based operations
Terrestrial operators include providers of gaming machine arcades, bingo premises, betting shops, casinos and racecourses and we advise our clients on all aspects of the licensing regime.
Remote sector/online gaming
We have extensive experience advising clients regarding the remote sector including software developers and online providers of gambling services.
We act for a number of multinational companies who provide their services across jurisdictions including Great Britain, Alderney, Gibraltar and the Isle of Man.
The Gambling Act 2005 and supporting legislation provides a complex system of regulatory requirements and our Solicitors can provide practical advice and guidance to assist with all your compliance needs, such as:
- Preparation of risk assessments identifying obligations and responsibilities under the Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice;
- Assessment of Remote Technical Standards appropriate to your operation; and
- Development of a comprehensive compliance strategy including the preparation of adherence policies addressing such matter as: Social Responsibility; Promotion of the Licensing Objectives; Customer monitoring and intervention; Advertising and marketing.
Our experience can often play a key role in steering operators through the regulatory arena.
Raising funds for charity
We advise clients ranging from local fundraisers to national charities with both licensed and unlicensed charitable promotions.
Whatever your chosen good cause we can help find the most appropriate option available to your operation and fund raising objectives whether that be charitable betting, gaming or operating a lottery.
We also assist and advise External Lottery Managers with their management operations.
Comprehensive support for the Leisure Industry
From operators of single event spaces to national pub chains and holiday leisure complexes, we can provide advice and support for all your gaming needs.
Whether or not your chosen activities require licences or other permissions, our experts can provide practical solutions on matters such as:
- Gaming machines in premises with an alcohol licence;
- Unlicensed gaming; and
- Private society, customer and workplace lotteries.
We have prepared bespoke training programmes for operators of single premises to international corporations operating multiple premises.
Training can be tailored to your specific needs whether an introduction to the gambling regime or more detailed support for area managers or individuals occupying qualifying positions on an operating licence.
As part of Poppleston Allen Training we can also provide British Institute of Innkeeping certified training courses and qualifications including the Award for Licensing Practioners (Gambling) and the Award for working within Gambling Legislation.