“A tireless worker who is very conscientious. She is exceptionally thorough and very clever”
Chambers and Partners
Lisa holds an LLB (Hons) in law and qualified as a Solicitor in October 1994.
Lisa has specialised in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has been with Poppleston Allen since its inception; becoming Managing Partner in April 2018
She has experience in all sectors of the industry from pubs, bars and restaurants to the more complex matters surrounding late-night licensing, particularly in cumulative impact areas.
There isn’t much in the way of licensing that Lisa hasn’t experienced. This is reflected in Lisa’s Band 1 ranking in Chambers & Partners legal guide and her Leading Individual status in the Legal 500.
Comments from these guides include:
- “Expert in her field”
- “Noted for her success before licensing committees”
- “Able to tailor services to suit the client”
- “Knowledgeable and forthright”.
Lisa is former Director of Legal and Ethics for the Security Institute and is now Honary Fellow of the Institute, providing pro-bona legal advice and support.
In addition, Lisa is a tribunal member of the Pubs Independent Conciliation and Arbitration Service (PICA-Service).
Lisa splits her time between our Nottingham and London offices and acts for a large number of independent clients and multiple operators.
Key clients include:
- Mitchells & Butlers, operators of one of the largest managed and leased pub estates in the UK;
- Ricker Restaurants, award winning group of prestigious London eateries;
- The Howard de Walden Estate, freehold owner of most of the buildings in 92 acres of Marylebone, central London;
- Consolidated Developments, a group that, for over 30 years, has been instrumental in shaping today’s Soho;
- Criterion Capital, real estate asset manager that identifies, acquires, develops and manages real estate on behalf of long-term Investors;
- CEG, estates and development business with a portfolio covering nine million square feet with a capital value of around £800 million;
- Splendid Restaurants; operators of Jack & Alice restaurants;
- Center Parcs
- Tenpin; One of the largest operators of Tenpin bowling centres in the UK;
- Randall & Aubin, prestigious environmentally sustainable restaurant in Soho.
Lisa is a respected advocate and speaks regularly at legal training sessions, client forums and trade conferences.