“Absolutely superb, very straightforward and clear about the process you have to follow.”
The Legal 500
Lisa holds an LLB (Hons) in law and qualified as a Solicitor in 1990.
Lisa joined the firm as a Partner in 2014 to join the existing licensing team in the London office.
Lisa has extensive experience and expertise in acting for all sectors of the leisure industry predominately in the London market. In addition, Lisa has a number of national restaurant clients such as wagamama, Bill’s and Cote.
Prior to joining the firm Lisa spent 10 years as the Licensing Partner at Bevan Kidwell and prior to that was Licensing Partner at Blake Lapthorn’s London office. Lisa has over 15 years experience in the licence trade.
Lisa is one of a small handful of licensing solicitors to be listed in the prestigious Legal 500 ‘Hall of Fame’. Client comments from the guide include:
- “An extraordinary service to her clients.”
- “Well regarded for her understanding of the characteristics of the various London licensing authorities, including Westminster City Council”
- Attracting special praise “for looking after clients brilliantly, holding their hand all the way”.
- About the London office: “They are very efficient – all enquiries are dealt with really quickly and there is always good communication.
- “I really rate the team very highly.”
In Chambers & Partners legal directory, Lisa holds the highest Tier 1 ranking. The guide notes Lisa as being:
- “Very highly regarded”, “brilliant” and “approachable”.
- “Calm, authoritative and concise”
The guide in particular references her work advising Cote Restaurants on several new licences in central London.
Lisa advises her clients in relation to all licensing matters including new premises licence applications and major / minor variations. Lisa also advisors on related enforcement matters and is an experienced advocate regularly representing clients in licensing hearings.