Bingo Halls

Various licenses are required for Bingo Halls and Online Bingo operations

Bingo Sign

Under the Gambling Act 2005, commercial bingo operators will require a bingo operating licence from the Gambling Commission and, where necessary, personal licences.

Premises based bingo halls will then also have to apply for a premises licence to the local authority where the premises are located. For online or remote bingo, the operating licence and personal licences will suffice.

Prize gaming is under the Gambling Act 2005, the application being made to the local authority for a permit. Prize gaming is also permitted under a bingo licence, adult gaming centre licence, family entertainment licence and unlicensed family entertainment centre gaming machine permit.