Which branch would you like to contact?

Nottingham 0115 953 8500 London 020 3859 7760

Inflatable Structures

Do the same licensing rules apply to 'inflatable pubs'?

Q: I saw an advert on Facebook this week featuring an inflatable pub that can be hired for parties and events, complete with heaters and lighting. I run a small country pub and I am in the process of planning events for my unlicensed beer garden for the summer months. I thought it would be an excellent idea to hire an inflatable pub rather than having a traditional tent style marquee. Where there is the sale of alcohol, I’m aware that vehicles and tents require licensing. Am I correct in saying that the same rules apply to inflatables?

A: Yes you are. In fact, the Licensing Act specifically mentions inflatable structures are to be treated in the same way as any other moveable structure and will be regarded as premises requiring licensing. Accordingly, you will need to either vary your premises licence to include the garden or utilise your allocation of temporary event notices. As you have not hired this type of inflatable before, you will need to carry out detailed risk assessments including, but not limited to, health and safety, fire risk and smoking.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Speak to one of our friendly team