Changes to the stake and prize limits for gaming machines have been introduced
'Regulations came into force yesterday which changed the stake and prize limits for various categories of gaming machines.
The Categories of Gaming Machines (Amendment) Regulations 2014 have made the following changes to stake and prize limits:
1. Category D coin pusher or penny fall machines - the maximum stake has increased to 20p and the maximum prize has increased to £20, of which no more than £10 may be a money prize.
2. Category C machines - the maximum prize has now increased to £100.
3. Category B4 machines - the maximum stake has increased to £2 and the maximum prize is now £400.
4. Category B3A machines - the maximum stake has increased to £2.
5. Category B1 machines - the maximum stake has increased to £5 and the maximum prize value is now no more than £10,000 or where the prize value available through its use is wholly or partly determined by reference to use made of one or more other sub-category B1 machines, no more than £20,000.
The increase to the Category C machine will be a welcome boost to the gaming machine industry. Operators should contact their machine suppliers to ensure that they benefit from the increased stake and prize limits.
Despite the ongoing political debate over category B2 machines, the regulations were approved without any amendments to these limits.
The Responsible Gambling Trust are currently undertaking research into Category B machines and we expect them to report in the spring."
In conjunction with the BII, we have created an exam compiled from past paper questions.