Which branch would you like to contact?

Nottingham 0115 953 8500 London 020 3859 7760

Personal licence application poser

I am moving to England (from Scotland) can I apply for a personal licence?

Q: I am currently living in Scotland but will soon be moving to England to take up a bar job. My new employers want me to apply for a Personal Licence before I move. Am I able to do that?

A: Yes you are. Where an applicant for a Personal Licence does not live in England or Wales the applications can be made to any licensing authority of their choice. I would suggest that you apply to the licensing authority where you think you will be living (rather than where your employment is located). This will then be the ‘relevant licensing authority’ for the purpose of your application, and you will need to notify them if you subsequently move to a different council area than the one you were anticipating.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Speak to one of our friendly team