Which branch would you like to contact?

Nottingham 0115 953 8500 London 020 3859 7760

Other forms of licences

Playing recorded music or showing films/DVDs will require additional licences

If you have music playing in your premises, music DVDs or indeed you wish to show a film then the following licences may be required:

  • PRS (Performing Rights Society) – where you play recorded music
  • VPL (Video Performance Licence) – if you show music DVDs without making a charge
  • PVSL (Public Video Screening Licence) – allows films to be show in the background and for you to use your own videos or DVDs
  • Single Titles Screening Licence – this is a one off licence to show a film where you are able to advise the screening and charge an entrance fee
  • PPL (Public Performance Licence) – where you play recorded music publicly.

Film Bank

Under UK copyright law, a venue wishing to play a film in public will generally require the consent (licence) of the copyright owner before doing so. If you are playing films outside your home, you will need to obtain a licence to do so. You must ensure you are showing your films within the law and are screening films legitimately. Visit Filmbank for your licence requirements

Join over 7,000 professionals already getting a free legal 'heads up'

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Speak to one of our friendly team