Q&A Hot Drinks Vending Machines

  • Date: 08 March 2016
  • Author/Solicitor: Richard Bradley
  • Source: Reproduced from the Publican's Morning Advertiser

Q:  I run a local pub and my premises licence authorises activities up until midnight. I would like to provide hot non-alcoholic drinks for my customers.  Will I need any additional licensing permissions?

A:  Assuming you or your staff are providing the drinks (rather than a self-service vending machine) then after 11pm this activity is classed as late night refreshment and needs permission. Check your existing permissions but if you do need to make an application to add this activity you may be able to do so by way of a minor variation.