Employment LawWith our experience in the licensed trade, we've realised that one of the key day-to-day concerns for licensees and operators is employment law and managing staff.
We've teamed up with employment law experts, Nelsons Solicitors Limited, to put some basic guides and tools together that will provide you with a firm base for good employment law practises in your business. Our services focus on the need to know the basics with a slant to the licensed trade.
We understand that there are particular traits and issues with employment in the licensed trade;
- part time and casual workers,
- female workers and maternity rights,
- inappropriate behaviour,
- unsociable and long hours,
- agency workers (door supervisors or cleaners)
Our employment law service is part of our Client Zone - the area of the website reserved for client services only.
As a client you will have access to:
- A bespoke employment contract designed for the licensed trade. A simple to use, step by step guide to putting your own staff contracts together, with guidance notes throughout and optional clauses depending on your style of operation.
- Sample letters for job offers, grievances and disciplinary hearings
- Procedures on grievances, disciplinaries and dismissals
- Information on terms of employment, holidays, holiday pay, tips and tax and more
Are you already a client?If you are a licensee with any of the following operators, you are allowed access to this section of the site - please contact us or get in touch with your operator for a login and password:
- Marston's Pub Company
- Enterprise Inns
For more information on BII Employment Services for Members click here
Marston's tenants - access the service by logging into your MyMarston's account at http://www.mymarstons.co.uk/ Your access details should be obtained direct from Marston's.
Enterprise tenants - to access the service you must log into the Pub Retailer Channel at http://www.enterpriseinns.com/PubRetailers/Pages/Hub.aspx and a link to the service can be found in the Trading Partners area of the channel. Your access details should be obtained direct from Enterprise Inns.